Monday, August 13, 2007

Should I just give up and accept that some things are just not meant to be?

Okay, so this is my 'mans' situation. I went to go visit my friend yesterday, and listen to this! She was spending the day with her new friend, so I just went shopping alone and came back home. Kind of sad :( Not only was I looking forward to seeing my friend, but I was hoping to see GLG and at least exchange numbers. I would have approached him in a cute, "hey we should have exchanged numbers last time" kind of way. Nothing a little shopping therapy didn't repair. Now, this is the thing with older guy, when my work friend wanted to introduce me to him, he had just broken up with his girlfriend, so my work friend wanted to wait a while. So she said she would invite me to a party where he was going to be there. When I saw his picture, I wasn't too sure I wanted to meet him, but then I thought, "you know what...I have to stop being picky, and a picture means nothing, and he might be a great guy". So I agreed to the whole, meeting him thing. But there has been no word of a party yet...so I don't know whats going on with older guy. There was also Mixed Messages Hot Smart guy. He was the first guy I ever asked out, like 5 months ago. I'm still waiting for him to call. I saw him out once and he shook my hand! What does that mean? (Hence the name MMHSG). Oh, you know what 's weird...yesterday I got like a million text messages from people I haven't talked to in a month. It was an interesting way to end my day. So my question of the day is...oh I can't think of one...okay here it is: Would you give up on GLG, or try to think of ways to hook up?

3 comments:

EnnuiHerself said...

1) Your friend made plans to go shopping with you and then blew you off? Completely unacceptable. Do I even need to say that you need to put the smack down on this woman?

2) In the phone call to your flaky friend, but before you tell her off, just ask her for GLG's phone number.

3) With regards to OG: ditto to number 2. Demand those digits!

4) What did MMHSG say when you asked him out? I mean I think his answer would put to rest any questions you may have about a potential relationship.

And if you asked him out why are you waiting for him to call you? Isn't it the responsibilty of the asker to set up the date?

Anonymous said...

In regards to point number 1, I called my friend and asked her to go shopping (the day of while driving to her house), and she said she had plans with her other friend. I know I called her kind of last minute, but I don't know why the 3 of us couldn't hang out? For point number 2, I don't want to freak the guy out by just calling him! Plus he's my flaky friends neighbour, so if I tell my friend off, it will be weird. I'll think about point number 3...I've only seen this guy in pictures. Point number four is just a whole new blog entry (coming soon).

Valerie said...

Do as Frankie says...RELAX! LOL - I'm freakin funny!!!!!

bwwwwhahahhhahaaaa

Just take it day by day girl.