Thursday, August 9, 2007

So few men...and nobody gives you the time!

I got my haircut today! I just changed hair dressers. There's lots of layers, but I like the cut! So anyways, here's an update about Good Looking Guy. I was supposed to go visit my friend this weekend, but she has plans so I can't go. Which is unfortunate, because when I called her last week to see if I could go...it was okay, but now she wants to do other stuff so I can't go. GRRRRR. This makes me a little upset because, first she introduces me to this nice guy good looking guy, but she's making it hard for me to follow up, get to know him, and establish a connection. Secondly, when I ask her if she's talked to him...I even told her to say something like "you know, my friend is interested in you, and if you're interested I can give you her number", but she refuses to do it. She's too shy I guess, but I would do it for a friend. So now I feel like I've been teased...here's a really good catch but you can't have him! And get this! When I talk to my other friend about it (remember I only have 3 :), she tells me "oh he lives too far anyways, your work schedule will make it too hard to visit each other". SO WHAT! A 45 minute drive is not far, and anyway that would be for me and him to decide. For me, it would just be nice to get to know him. The thing is, I shut down when my friends are non supportive like that. I don't know what to respond. I feel stupid for trying to pursue. Having someone say 'don't worry, we'll figure out a way to get to know him' would be nice, but what can I do. These same friends also think that asking out a guy is being desperate. I think sleeping with any guy that asks you out is desperate...asking a guy out I think is confident! Are your friends like that...or just mine?

7 comments:

Valerie said...

Show us photos. :)

Unknown said...

I do not agree that you two live too far.

I met my good looking girl and she did use to live at 100Km from my place. We used to see each other during the weekend, she coming to my place or more often the other way around (my flat was larger, but hers was very close to the big city). One year later, we decided to move in together, halfway. And it looks like it's working all right, so don't give up!

Anonymous said...

If I had photo's Valerie...that would make me a stalker :) Especially good looking guy, I've only met him once. I can tell you that he's probably 5'10" (maybe a little taller), he has dark hair, he looks like he's fit but he doesn't have ginormous muscles. You know...he's cute!

Jill said...

If a guy ask you out, is he desperate?? That is what you should have said to your friend!!
Friends are sometime pain in the ass, but then, you won't be able to say they are talking in your back!!
And it's only an hour and an half both way!! See what comes out at you, and give it a try!!

♥B said...

I think that where you live should have nothing to do with it. If you have a connection then you should do what you have to do to be with GLG. I would just talk to your friend and stress that you are interested and maybe even get his number and call him. Its not desperate its showing that you are interested. Some guys like for you to take control because they are too scared. I know that I had to with my GLG and he is now my hubby and has been for 5 years.

Do what makes you happy, don't wait for the 'friend' to make the moves for you because it seems like 'friend' doesn't want you to take the next step with this GLG.

Valerie said...

I meant photos of your hair, silly. Being 31 and single too, I avoid stalker stuff as much as possible. lol

Charlotte said...

That's funny! No digital camera or scanner :(