Wednesday, August 8, 2007

To date or not to date...or rather, who should I date?

So today, I'm going a little more into detail about guys that are available for me to date. Maybe you'll see why I'm so picky. Oops...did I say the p word! Okay fine....I am picky. I don't want to be stuck dating a guy I'm not attracted too. What if the guy likes me more than I like them, but because I am the type of person I am, I'll be with them because there's no reason for me not to. My other option would be to be alone. So I just avoid the whole dating thing. But lets get one thing clear. I don't fall for guys who are supermodel cute or anything. He just has to be the average type guy, that makes me blush a little. I feel like I should be dating guys that I see a future with. A happy one.

Okay so here's a list of men that I either meet, or friends want to set me up with.

Guy 1: Old Guy
This guy is about ten years older than me. I saw his picture...mmmm I didn't get excited when I saw the picture. You know...he looked kind of older. Not like an old man...but...just didn't 'feel the spark'.

Guy 2: Young Guy
This guy I actually met on my own. He asked me my number...so I gave it to him. He called, but I was having dinner with family, so I called him back the next day. He called me back....really late. I was getting ready to go to bed! So I called the next day...really early. He calls me back, even later than the day before! So I figured he was younger (okay so I don't actually know that he was younger, but he seemed like those really young cuties). So I didn't bother calling him back, but he called again...even later than the day before. We're talking past midnight. I have to work! I can't function on 5 hours sleep!

Guy 3: Arts Guy
This is the type of guy you see everywhere. And the only reason I remember him is because he has a man purse. I see him everywhere...at clubs....at the gym...at the mall. Turns out I have a friend who knows him and wants me to go on a date with him. And well...when I see him, for example at the gym, he's not actually working out. It just seems like he just walks around with his murse and his hoodie.

Guy 4: Good Looking Guy who lives kinda far
Went to visit a friend, was introduced...my interest was intrigued. He's cute, he's nice, he's establish, has a nice place. But, I had to leave, so there wasn't enough time to establish a connection to make a move. Maybe I'll see him again, he only lives about 45 minutes away. Oh yea...he's three years younger, but looks my age, because I thought he was my age when I saw him.

So, what would you do?

5 comments:

EnnuiHerself said...

I voted for the "old guy". Older men seem to have their shit together more so than guys in their 20's. I don't care if it's sexist, but even at our age men still seem to be less mature.

You didn't feel a spark from the picture, but I think it's worth a dinner to see if there's any chemistry in real life.

Charlotte said...

I know you're right. I thought of that too, but I found out that he rents a house because he doesn't know where he wants to live. That didn't bother me at first...but some of my oppinionated work friends think this is not a good sign. I'm too over analytical and I'm screwing myself over. I think about things too much. I actually don't know if it's too late to meet him. The (work) friend who wanted to set me up even took a picture of me. Maybe he doesn't like my pic. It's been a while since the showing of the pics. Since we're all on vacation...everything came to a stop. But I can always email her.

Jill said...

I think that age might be a little bit overated in relationship!!The young guy might seems like the one that has more interest in you...
I had a thing for an older man, had one for an younger, one that live far away and a kind of art guy...
But I think there is something that I find attractive more in older men, they know more what they want in life...

Unknown said...

Hey, paying back a visit. nice blog you started. I voted for the good looking guy. Older guy may be as mature as you are, true, but ten years really is a lot. Think about the future. Young guy sounds kind of messy, it may be fun and will probably be so-much-in-you that you'd love it or hate it. It really depends on you. At the end good looking guy seems the safe bet, but he doesn't seem to have impressed you as much as the others. am I right?

Good luck!

Charlotte said...

Hey Gufo, thanks for the visit! I like Good Looking Guy the most because I got the most kind of warm feeling from him. It seemed that he had a good head on his shoulders, that we're at the same place in our lives. I just wish I got to know him a little better, rather than wait for my friend to do the matchmaking.